Customer Service / Hearing Care Advisor
Job Ref: 2560
Location: Leicestershire, East Midlands
Salary: Up to £17,500 + up to 10% annual bonus, etc.
Job Type: Contract
Hours: Full Time
Sector: Customer Service and Call Centres
Posted on 28th June 2018
In-store Customer Service / Hearing Care Advisor
If you’re passionate about helping customers and have already commenced or interested in developing a career within hearing care, then this role could provide the perfect opportunity. Boots Hearingcare is looking to welcome an enthusiastic and attentive customer service professional to join the busy Fosse Park store in Leicester on a six month fixed term basis.
Who will I be working with?
Boots Hearingcare is one of the UK’s leading hearing care providers which prides itself on a reputation for excellent service, great value for money and a unique customer-centric approach, which has resulted in continued growth. Operating from over 450 locations across the UK, the team of over 500 colleagues deliver expert hearing care advice, hearing tests and solutions to thousands of customers every day. The company takes delight in looking after its colleagues as much as its customers, by providing support and recognition, career development opportunities, a superb working environment, a great benefits package and long service awards.
What will this role of In-store Customer Service / Hearing Care Advisor entail?
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks with delivery of the highest level of customer service at the forefront whilst keeping a focus on the store KPIs. Your initial duties will include:
- Providing first class customer service in person, by phone and email
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient management of the store diary, and keeping it busy with appropriate appointments
- Promoting Hearing Health Check appointments and sundry sales in-store
- Assisting customers with basic hearing aid cleaning / maintenance
- Processing orders for new and repaired hearing aids
- Liaising with suppliers on hearing aid orders and outstanding repairs
- Updating records on the computerised database and providing administrative support to ensure smooth running of the store including management of petty cash and maintenance of stock levels
- Ensuring store point of sale material is in line with current campaigns
What will I need to be considered for this In-store Customer Service / Hearing Care Advisor vacancy?
- Experience gained within a face to face customer service role in a fast-paced commercial environment accompanied by your desire to become knowledgeable about hearing health related issues and care pathways
- Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both colleagues and customers in a pleasant manner
- Empathetic and supportive outlook towards customers who may have communication difficulties
- Ability to be discreet and show the utmost respect for the privacy of customers
- Self-motivation with ability to work under supervision, as part of a team and on own initiative
- Commercial awareness with a flair for achieving sales targets whilst keeping customer satisfaction at the forefront of your mind
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- IT literacy with the ability to learn and adapt to various systems
Although not essential, those who are already a BSHAA approved Hearing Care Advisor would be desirable for this role.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £15,270 to £17,500 pro rata, level dependent on current experience and whether already a BSHAA approved Hearing Care Advisor.
Attractive Benefits: Up to 10% annual bonus, Boots discount card (after 6 months probationary period), pension scheme, life assurance cover, health cash plan, childcare voucher scheme, staff uniform, long service awards, and annual leave entitlement starting at 20 days rising with length of service increments to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, typically Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Flexibility to work hours according to business needs including weekends would be advantageous.
Contract Type: Fixed term contract for 6 months
Location: Fosse Park Shopping Centre, Leicester (East Midlands)
Due to the nature of the business successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Check.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This In-store Customer Service / Hearing Care Advisor vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Boots Hearingcare. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Boots Hearingcare, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Search For Jobs
Email Job Alerts
Receive job alerts directly in your inbox. To ensure that you don’t miss out on a perfect opportunity, set up your job search preferences within your free profile.